Re: RTree implementation

On 10/23/2018 12:09 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> Am 2018-10-22 18:33, schrieb Seth Hillbrand:
>> Given that this would be a change _only_ for the 32-bit compiles, this
>> may be acceptable.  Also, I haven't seen any MSW reports of this
>> issue, so I'm inclined to limit the change to linux only.
>
> An addendum here:  We don't see this issue other than on Debian because
> most builds set the -DNDEBUG flag on release builds.  Debian turns it
> off, which enables this assert.
>
> However, the bug is only triggered when we also compile with -O2 or
> higher, which in our default CMake files, is only set with the -DNDEBUG
> flag.
>
> Could one of our Windows devs with a 32-bit platform test this?  You can
> do this by setting -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-O2" and -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
>
> Then, open the demos/video folder and run pcbnew.  Select the whole
> board and delete it.  Then do a netlist import of the video.net file.
> This should trigger the assert if your system is susceptible to this
> bug.  If it is, we'll want to add this flag to the windows 32 bit builds
> as well.
>
> Thanks-
> Seth

I attempted to test this and ran into a dead end.  I was running into an
out of memory error attempting to load the pcbnew.kiface with a full
debug build so I had to build with -DBUILD_SMALL_DEBUG_FILES=ON to even
run pcbnew.  I followed your steps above and when I attempted to import
the video demo netlist, kicad crashed spectacularly.  I was attempting
this on 64 bit windows.  I no longer have access to any 32 windows
systems so I don't know if that is a factor or not.  My normal 32 bit
release builds work fine.