Re: Has the handling of the datasheet field changed again?

On 21/11/2018 18:38, Jeff Young wrote:
Version 5.0.x (and version 4.0.x) gave us the option to store the datasheets for both
aliases and main symbols in the dcm file.
Right; that hasn’t changed.  What’s changed (or should have changed) is that the above is the *only* option.

So is it not OK for that to be the only option, or is it just not working that way?

(Sorry for not testing it myself, but I’m knee-deep in the paste-symbol-twice-revert crash bug.)

We just need a way to set the datasheet stuff in the dcm file for non aliases. Right now there is only one input field that stores it in the lib file.

One option that comes to mind is that the current layout of one entry field is kept. But that there is some setting that controls if it is stored in the dcm or lib file. (If we simply say that the current entry field saves to the dcm file someone who currently uses only the lib file field will be unhappy.)