Re: [KiCad-developers] Hoping to contribute but I have some questions

Seth

I have read the style guide and it more or less conforms with my usual way
of doing things. The major change is the use of spaces vs tabs, which is
just a setting on my editor, and the way I always signal global variables is
slightly different. I also use a lot if inline comments.

If you could point me to some "bugs for a dummy" I'd appreciate it. It will
take me a while to understand enough to be useful but I have always found
that solving a problem is a much faster path to learning something.

I also have to develop some sort of methodology for debugging as well as I
have only written terminal-based applications (since most of my work has
been embedded) and you just either use gdb or fling out strings using printf
when you do that. I don't know how to use gbd outside an IDE yet.

I am not a professional developer. I was a hardware designer for about 12
years but that was 25 years ago when I shifted to capital markets. I have
kept up electronics as a hobby, but I am now semi-retired and I have a lot
of catching up to do.

Thanks,

Brian