Re: 5.1.0-rc1

Hi Wayne,

Am 06.02.19 um 17:42 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
> Any idea where we stand with wxPhoenix/python3 builds?

the build of KiCad for Debian experimental [1] is build with wxPython4
(aka Phoenix) and Python3 scripting support.

I've got no bug reports about the snapshot versions of KiCad in
experimental about issues in KiCad itself so far, a few days ago GLM
0.9.9.3 was uploaded to unstable and currently kicad is failing to build
from source (FTBFS) and a bug was raised against kicad. I will need to
build now with clang, will adjust this on the next weekend I guess.

Locally I work only with the version from experimental and have also not
seen remarkable issues.

> I'm wondering if we have enough user testing with this configuration
> to feel comfortable enabling it for 5.1.  Do we even have any
> packaged builds with this configuration for users to test?  I haven't
> seen any bug reports directly attributed to this so either it works
> as well as wxPython/python2 or very few users are running it and it
> is not well tested.
Now that 5.1.0-rc1 is tagged the next upload can go to Debian unstable,
so a broader user base will get this version. I'm on the other hand
really excited and impressed that no new issues are opened up against
the kicad package in Debian in the recent past! So people maybe really
be tired about opening issues or there are no issues to open. ;)

[1] https://packages.debian.org/experimental/kicad

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert