← Back to team overview

kicad-developers team mailing list archive

Re: License CC-BY-SA-4.0 used in KiCad



On 3/27/2019 2:33 PM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Am 27.03.19 um 18:09 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>> Carsten,
>> I'm still getting the following git error when applying patch 1:
>> Applying: Adding license information for demo files
>> Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
>> error: patch failed: LICENSE.README:15
>> error: LICENSE.README: patch does not apply
>> error: Did you hand edit your patch?
>> It does not apply to blobs recorded in its index.
>> Patch failed at 0001 Adding license information for demo files
>> hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch' to see the failed patch
>> When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
>> If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
>> To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".
>> Any ideas?
> I first assumed you are on the branch 5.1 and so I tried to apply the
> patches and failed, so I tried to find any differences between the two
> branches and ... found none.
> Going a bit deeper that road I looked at the file LICENSE:README itself,
> it has line endings as know from DOS/Windows.
>> LICENSE.README: ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
> So I tried 'git am --keep-cr' but this isn't also not working.
> If I convert the file into the unix format by dos2unix and commit the
> modifications I can apply the the first patch without complains by git.
> So I see two options, you ignore the first patch and modify the file by
> yourself. The patch is just adding two lines. If you want to safe the
> original author you can use the option '--author=' to do so. I do this
> quite often.
> Or you convert the whole file into the unix line ending format and apply
> the patches then on top of that. The converting of the line endings will
> mostly destroy the file history, OTOH it's a small file and history is
> not really important here.

I manually updated the LICENSE.README file and converted the EOLs.  Your
patch set has been merged into the master and 5.1 branches.