Re: [RFC] Test for Copper zones using solid polygons without outline thickness.

On 2019-05-29 10:33, jp charras wrote:
Attached a patch that modify the way filled areas (solid polygons) are
built in copper areas.

Currently, solid polygons are slightly smaller than the exact area, and
the polygon outlines have a thickness to fill the exact area.
With this patch, polygon outlines have no thickness and the polygons
have the exact area.

To test it on a given zone, the zone setting must be edited with the
"Fill polys without thick outline" checked.

Hi JP-

Why did you decide to make this a user option? Is there some feature that it prevents that a user would want for some areas but not for others?

I tested it with a large board and it reduces the polygon point count by almost 50% (!) for complex fills. If I zoom in on an edge, it appears that the approximation count is substantially coarsened by the patch. See attached image. The edge on the right is with the new option enabled. The edge of the left is without the new option.

I didn't find any other issues. Large boards were much faster and DRC / plotting appear consistent between options (with the exception noted above)

-Seth