Re: Benchmarking kicad compilation on CPUsreleased 6 years apart

Do we want to switch to this for the next stable release?  If so, what
is the procedure for making sure it's tested?

Adam

I have assembled some test circuits. These include the 4 demo circuits delivered by KiCad and some others, simple and more complex ones. You may find them at http://ngspice.sourceforge.net/applic.html#KiCad as a 7z file. Plots of expected results have been added. So one simply has to load the *.sch files, run the simulation and compare the resulting plots. PSPICE compatibility has to be enabled (see http://ngspice.sourceforge.net/ngspice-eeschema.html#setting).

I have run these examples with
KiCad (5.1.5-rc1-2-gfb9b12a98)-1, release build
and ngspice-31 under Windows 7 (everything is o.k.), and will do this with Linux (openSUSE tumbleweed), Windows 10, and macOS Catalina during the next few days.

Holger