Re: eeschema selection appearance

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 5:55 PM Seth Hillbrand <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/20/19 7:11 AM, Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
>
> Ok, I'll look into making it configurable. However, I find the current
> default appearance hard to use, so maybe one could consider changing
> the defaults in that case?
>
> Everyone likes to have their preferences as the default.  This is not a
> useful line of discussion for the project.  Once the options are
> configurable, it shouldn't be an issue.

My point was that maybe it's not only a matter of personal preference, but
usability and good UX design. Options are good, but that's no reason not
trying to find the best possible defaults for those options. Of course, if
it's only me that thinks my proposal improves things in general, let me
know :)

> Additionally, I changed the shadow width algo constants as follows, to
> avoid the feeling of the selection shadow changing size drastically as
> you zoom:
>
> Please move this idea into a separate patch and propose it.  The selection
> highlight width works well at all zoom levels for me but if this idea helps
> some people without negatively impacting the current situation, there
> should be no issues.  Please keep this distinct from the options patch,
> however.

Ok, will do! BTW, this is an example where I don't think a user setting
makes sense, which might be called something like "Amount of zoom-level
impact on selection shadow thickness". Better to just find the values for
those constants that looks good and coherent.

--
/Jonatan
http://kymatica.com