Re: Plugin/3rd party content manager

I think the differences expressed are about problems in communication, not
differences in actual opinions. I agree with myself (obviously), with what
Andrew said and with Ian. We are just talking past each other, about
different things.

Me said (meant): the content manager should be generic enough and have a
reusable (within reason, considering KiCad's needs) backend with a clear
API, then KiCad specific parts and UI built upon that. Just normal good
architecture, nothing more.
Andrew said: it should be integrated into KiCad for easy user experience
and targeted for KiCad end users, and be safe to use.
Ian said: it should be flexible and allow different use cases and
configurations.

As we can see, there's no real conflict.

The backend could be developed independently from the UI and KiCad specific
parts.

Eeli Kaikkonen

ti 26. marrask. 2019 klo 17.20 Ian McInerney (Ian.S.McInerney@xxxxxxxx)