Re: What does "when in doubt do it opposite than certain other pcb tool" stand for?

On 11/26/19 1:31 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 26/11/2019 à 18:45, Seth Hillbrand a écrit :
>> On 2019-11-26 09:43, Andy Peters wrote:
>>
>>> On Nov 26, 2019, at 10:41 AM, Seth Hillbrand <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 2019-11-26 09:05, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
>>> On 22/11/2019 17:42, Rene Pöschl wrote:
>>> I would assume this is referencing version 6 of eagle. The current
>>> versions of eagle are actually something that can (in some aspects) be
>>> used as a good example. I would therefore assume that this sentence is
>>> simply out of date and could be removed or at least reworded. I don't
>>> have access to that webpage, but whoever has, feel free to
>>> remove it.
>>> Tom
>>> _
>>
>> Which website are we talking about?  I followed Rene's link but it just
>> went to the Doxygen site and I don't see that statement there.
>> It's here: http://docs.kicad-pcb.org/doxygen/v6_road_map.html
>>
>> -a
>>

>> Perfect, thanks Andy!  I've removed the section.  It will propagate to
>> the website in a few hours.
>>
>> -Seth
>>

> Perfect.
>
> FYI, you could see this sentence just like a private joke between CERN
> guys and core developers when it was written, about trying to mimic an
> existing ECAD tool.

It was a joke in the same way that "Never trust the autorouter" is a
joke.  And like most good jokes, there is an uncomfortable truth about
it.  That's what makes them funny.  I hope we have not become so serious
that we cannot poke a little fun at ourselves and others, even publicly.
 No one ever claimed that KiCad has the perfect EDA UI but most of us
have had enough experience with other EDAs that have made some rather
poor UI decisions that we can have a little fun with it.