Re: suggestion: git branching model

On 12/11/19 11:17 AM, Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
> Ok, good to hear!
>
> How about moving the new symbol inheritance stuff into such a feature
> branch until it's working? (See
> https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/issues/3658) I understand it would
> mean less testing, but in its current state it's impossible to test or
> work on anything else since kicad keeps crashing.

It was.  I pushed the branch to my personal development repo and made an
announcement on the dev mailing list several weeks ago.  AFAIK, only JP
did any testing and replied with a bug fix that he found.  During that
time I had a least 3 merge conflicts with the master branch which I had
to fix.  Given the effort to fix merge conflicts and the fact that no
one seem to have time to test it, I merged into master to actually get
some testing done.  I fixed the first crash bug report within 36 hours.
 I will most likely get the next crash report fixed with 24 hours.  It's
not as though you are having to wait days or weeks for bug fixes.  You
are doing a wonderful job of validating my argument.  If the issue is
keeping you from getting work done, please use a build before the
introduction of the new symbol inheritance code or better yet, keep a
copy of the stable version installed on your machine.  That's what other
user seem to do without too many issues.