Re: Proposal to update eeSchema annotation?

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 4:48 PM Brian Piccioni <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> Now that Geographic Reannotation is a WIP I was thinking it might make
> sense to update eeSchema's Annotate dialog.

I created an epic for annotation related issues. You should probably file
each proposition as a report if there's no report already.

https://gitlab.com/groups/kicad/code/-/epics/19

> Incorporate undo

There's an existing issue for "Back annotation changes unable to be
undone in schematic", but there are more problems with Annotation.

With one simple component open the annotation dialog, annotate and close.
The component is annotated, but:

1) "Save" is not activated in the toolbar. It's activated in the File menu.
But when I click on the canvas, the button is activated.

2) There's no undo. If I annotate manually by editing the refdes, Undo
works. IIRC Undo has worked previously.

These must be reported separately, right? (I'm asking from the senior
developers.)

Eeli Kaikkonen