Re: DRC reports

The problem with all tree structure UI's is that they are difficult to
navigate. The locations of the top level items change based on what is
opened. There's constant need or at least temptation to open and close
items. Tabs are always there and you learn them by heart quickly. You can
instantly change between clearance violations and nonconnected items. I
would probably hate to have everything in one tree. I have intended to file
a report asking to add tabs, at least for edge.cuts and courtyards. But I
think it would be best to have both - a couple of tabs for completely
different things, and tree structures inside some of them.

Eeli Kaikkonen

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:54 PM Jon Evans <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some mockup to give context to my earlier reply:
> You could right-click a given violation, and clear (one-time) or ignore
> (persistent) either that particular violation, or all violations of its
> class.
> You could also right-click the class header ("Clearance Violations") and
> clear all / ignore all.
> [image: image.png]

PNG image