Re: Eeschema annotate block / specific component types proposal

Altium doesn't have "annotate selected"
It does let you lock the annotation on components at will, so you can lock
some, reset everything (which ignores locked) and then re-annotate.
If you change the annotation of one part of a multi-part component, it will
result in two components being forwarded to the PCB like Janvi proposes.
And also likewise, the ERC will warn about this if configured appropriately.

As to how it handles the complex hierarchy situations JP mentioned, I'm not
certain to be honest, because Altium's hierarchy model is a bit different
from KiCad's (in some ways simpler) and I haven't checked to see if the
same situations are possible.

-Jon