Re: MSYS2 Dropping 32-bit support

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:37 AM Ian McInerney <Ian.S.McInerney@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> We'll have to figure out how to phrase the support requirements for this,
> because we have committed to supporting Windows 8.1 until January 10, 2023
> apparently - and 8.1 would have 32-bit versions.

Right.  Well, let's see what our MSVC packaging looks like closer to v6
rollout.  I think we will probably need it for Python anyways.

For Windows 10 this should not be an issue:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/minimum-hardware-requirements-overview#31-processor

Although few OEMs install 32-bit versions, I imagine that there are a
number of board houses that run 32-bit versions to maintain compatibility
with their older control software.

-Seth

--
[image: KiCad Services Corporation Logo]
Seth Hillbrand