Re: New Build Dependencies: Lemon + GTK3

Am 03.08.20 um 20:42 schrieb Steven A. Falco:
What is the resolution?  Do I undo the dependency on the lemon parser
generator?  Or will there be a flag to select whether to generate or
use the canned one?

In my eyes there is only one solution. Always prefer a dependency as external required dependency and set a minimum version. This isn't a problem on Linux based platforms as the whole ecosystem is build as this.

But for the Windows OS this will mostly not work, that's why this whole discussion is happen. ;)

If have a lot of time read about the DLL symbol solving problem and how M$ tried to get this managed.

--
Regards
Carsten