Re: Python 3 now required

On 6/14/21 4:59 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
On 2021-06-14 4:34 p.m., Marco Ciampa wrote:
On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 03:43:54PM -0400, Jon Evans wrote:
You should be able to override what is found by CMake by defining the
PYTHON_EXECUTABLE variable in your cmake command line

Gosh, shame on me, it was so simple!

Not that simple. I tried passing -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=python3 and it still only finds 2.7. I tried it without the -D part. I have also tried it with and without a full path to python3. I even tried putting PYTHON_EXECUTABLE before 'cmake' on the line.

How do you tell cmake which version of python you want to use?

According to FindPythonInterp.cmake, the PYTHON_ROOT_DIR variable is used to control the Python interpreter rather than use the normal find method. I set it to the Python3 executable on my MinGW builds and it works as expected. I'm guessing Linux builds would also work using this config method.