kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Kicad 5.0.1 almost ready to go

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 07:51:42AM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> What is the issue here?

There are no serious issues here, I think we should only make things more
clear and straightforward...

> Do we just need a 5.0.1 tag or do we need something else?

Tagging the master to 5.0.1 surely is enough to let packagers go on for
now but I think that the simpler & logical solution is to keep source,
i18n & docs branch names in sync.

> I doubt there are any documentation changes that are
> specific to 5.1 so it seems easy enough to tag the documentation at
> 5.0.1 as it stands

lets do just this for now.

> but maybe I'm not understanding the issue.

I would suggest to adopt a more coherent and general approach
to the matter in the future.

Docs sport hotkeys, procedures and screenshots. One or more of these
elements are do to change with future versions of KiCad. If 5.1 will not
be so different from the 5.0 branch, the same will definitely not be for
the 6.0 version.

Now we have two branches of docs: 4.0 and master.

I really can't see why not branching docs to 4.0, 5.0 or 5.* and master
(future 6.0 or 6.* if you prefer...)

anyway branches are cheap...

--

Marco Ciampa