Re: Fwd: Re: About library naming conventions

25/02/14 20:46, Carl Poirier kirjoitti:

> Regarding your last email, do you have any reason why not to put a dash
> between "SOT" and "23", for example? If we have to change all of these, it
> will be another disruptive change for the users.

Second go for the dash, even though it's longer it's also more readable.

Please take some time (both of you) to check

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~oyvind-aabling/kicad-newlib/mod/view/head:/modules/oaa.README

and the library that comes along. The guy put quite a lot of effort in
working out the details. Actual discussion is somewhere in the
developers list archive. Searching with kicad-newlib helps.

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Kerusey Karyu <keruseykaryu@xxxxx> wrote:

>>>  I analyzed the situation a bit and I wanna suggest some general rules:
>>
>> 1. Always use upper case where applicable.
>> 2. When manufacturer uses some mix with upper and lower case, and this
>> is non-standard package use manufacturer code.
>> 3. Always try to replace manufacturer "very crappy" package code with
>> the standard one, unless this is wide accepted code.
>> 4. If package have some variants like more pins than standard one or
>> different pitch, etc. always provide this in the footprint name.

Agreed. I've just spent some time cursing MiniCircuits packages as their
pin numbering is zig-zag and not the standard anticlockwise...

-Vesa