Re: Fwd: Re: About library naming conventions

In 25 lutego 2014 19:46 Carl Poirier wrote:

> Regarding your last email, do you have any reason why not
> to put a dash between "SOT" and "23", for example?

Because I see that even the manufacturers deviate from standard and omit hyphen in the package name. In these rules I want to preserve the hyphen for a gap character between variants or some important parameters like SOT23-5, QFN100-9x9-0.5p for example.

> If we have to change all of these, it will be another
> disruptive change for the users.

If we want to clean the libraries and whole library system, and create one style according to the rules which we determine here (maybe) the disruptive changes will be needed anyway.

Keryusey Karyu