Re: Fwd: Re: About library naming conventions

26/02/14 11:00, Kerusey Karyu kirjoitti:

> In 25 lutego 2014 19:46 Carl Poirier wrote:
>
>> Regarding your last email, do you have any reason why not
>> to put a dash between "SOT" and "23", for example?
>>
> Because I see that even the manufacturers deviate from standard and omit hyphen in the package name. In these rules I want to preserve the hyphen for a gap character between variants or some important parameters like SOT23-5, QFN100-9x9-0.5p for example.

The most important thing to consider when deciding is JEDEC standard. It
seems they say with dash. Can someone check this from a real standard? I
could do it, but it takes some excessive effort at the moment. I hope
Lorenzo reads this he may have an easy access to the relevant documentation.

-Vesa