Re: Silk screens over pads and naming

On 03/06/14 07:42, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:

Seems a good starting point to me. Also advanced fabrication requires
often custom-made modules anyway.

How about this for an example of how the SMD headers would look? I
haven't added the dot/arrow yet, but it basically uses the line
extension at pin 1 idiom from the slides you linked.

If in future we had a way to add assembly data, the graphic of the
connector could be added to that.

This way *does* make it much easier to generate new connectors
programmatically, as there are fewer parameters.

John