Re: Storm patches

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:59 -0400, Gary Poster wrote:
> Hi Stuart and Salgado (and anyone else with input).  We're trying to
> get a list of what needs to go into Storm for us to be able to use an
> official release.
>
> I see https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~stub/storm/launchpad and https://code.edge.launchpad.net/
> ~salgado/storm/lp-devel...what are we using?

~salgado/storm/lp-devel is something I used a long time ago to try and
update our branch of storm to the latest trunk. It caused tons of tests
to fail and I gave up.

When I recently built a new storm egg containing just one extra revision
from trunk, I didn't use a branch because it seemed like that wouldn't
buy us much as the sdist/egg wouldn't be linked to the branch in any
way.

> (I know Salgado and I are supposed to come up with some guidelines for
> how to do this; I'm hoping to wrap some other things up first, but
> I'll get to this soon.  I see this is somewhat urgent.)
>
> For that branch, it looks like you are cherry-picking fixes from the
> storm tree.

The last cherry pick on stub's branch seems to be for that fix I
included in our egg but didn't include in any branches.

> (1) Do we have any patches that are not part of the Storm trunk?  If
> so, can they be merged?

They all come from trunk and, in fact, we seem to be using storm trunk
now.  I'm guessing that by the name of the sdist (storm-0.14trunk-321).

> (2) Am I right that we would prefer a Storm branch that only had
> bugfixes, not new features or changes that required Launchpad changes
> (a hypothetical 0.14.1)?  If so, how important is that, as opposed to
> the Storm team releasing a 0.15 early?

Since we're already running fine against trunk, I think it's fine to
keep that until they release a 0.15. I'd be against a 0.14.1 because
0.14 is already 6 months old.

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>