Re: Storm patches

On Aug 4, 2009, at 3:53 PM, Guilherme Salgado wrote:

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:59 -0400, Gary Poster wrote:
Hi Stuart and Salgado (and anyone else with input).  We're trying to
get a list of what needs to go into Storm for us to be able to use an
official release.

I see https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~stub/storm/launchpad and https://code.edge.launchpad.net/
~salgado/storm/lp-devel...what are we using?

~salgado/storm/lp-devel is something I used a long time ago to try and
update our branch of storm to the latest trunk. It caused tons of tests
to fail and I gave up.

When I recently built a new storm egg containing just one extra revision
from trunk, I didn't use a branch because it seemed like that wouldn't
buy us much as the sdist/egg wouldn't be linked to the branch in any
way.

(I know Salgado and I are supposed to come up with some guidelines for
how to do this; I'm hoping to wrap some other things up first, but
I'll get to this soon.  I see this is somewhat urgent.)

For that branch, it looks like you are cherry-picking fixes from the
storm tree.

The last cherry pick on stub's branch seems to be for that fix I
included in our egg but didn't include in any branches.

(1) Do we have any patches that are not part of the Storm trunk?  If
so, can they be merged?

They all come from trunk and, in fact, we seem to be using storm trunk
now. I'm guessing that by the name of the sdist (storm-0.14trunk-321).

Oh, I didn't update my trunk and saw your name on the one I had.  Cool!

(2) Am I right that we would prefer a Storm branch that only had
bugfixes, not new features or changes that required Launchpad changes
(a hypothetical 0.14.1)?  If so, how important is that, as opposed to
the Storm team releasing a 0.15 early?

Since we're already running fine against trunk, I think it's fine to
keep that until they release a 0.15. I'd be against a 0.14.1 because
0.14 is already 6 months old.

Cool.  Thank you!

Gary