Re: Storm patches

On August 7, 2009, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 15:12 -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> > On August 5, 2009, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> > > У уто, 04. 08 2009. у 13:15 -0700, Jamu Kakar пише:

> > > I'd still be against going with 0.15, and being conservative for 3.0.
> > > We can go with 0.15 right after 3.0 is out.  By the time 3.0 gets out,
> > > we'll have zero real production testing of 0.15 (we'll have lots of
> > > staging testing, but that's sometimes just far enough from real
> > > production testing), and it means 3.0 might have a lot of unneeded
> > > little problems all around the place, damaging the image of
> > > Launchpad.net when we are hoping for a big splash with 3.0
> > > announcement.
> > >
> > > Storm is one of our core components, and with Launchpad's diverse data
> > > set and many integration points that can fail, I'd say stabilize 3.0 on
> > > what Storm we have in 2.2.7.
> >
> > I side with Danilo here. We should probably minimize the diverge in Storm
> > between edge and lpnet since we aren't releasing for 2 months.
>
> Or maybe we could cherry pick a change to versions.cfg, so that we use
> 0.15 on production as well. It's been running on edge for a few days
> already and nothing broke. If it breaks on production, though, we can
> revert the cherry pick, at which point it'd be clear we should go with a
> 0.14.1 for the 3.0 release.

Yes, cherry-picking 0.15 is an alternative. But I'd wait a few more days on
edge first, and request that we do more QA on staging for the production
scripts that we can test first.

Also, we have to make sure that the released code doesn't require changes to
run with 0.15.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx