Re: Storm patches

On Aug 6, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

On August 5, 2009, Danilo Šegan wrote:
У уто, 04. 08 2009. у 13:15 -0700, Jamu Kakar пише:
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Guilherme Salgado<salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
wrote:
Since we're already running fine against trunk, I think it's fine to keep that until they release a 0.15. I'd be against a 0.14.1 because
0.14 is already 6 months old.

I'm in the process of preparing the 0.15 release.  It will be out by
the end of the week.

I'd still be against going with 0.15, and being conservative for 3.0.
We can go with 0.15 right after 3.0 is out. By the time 3.0 gets out,
we'll have zero real production testing of 0.15 (we'll have lots of
staging testing, but that's sometimes just far enough from real
production testing), and it means 3.0 might have a lot of unneeded
little problems all around the place, damaging the image of
Launchpad.net when we are hoping for a big splash with 3.0 announcement.

Storm is one of our core components, and with Launchpad's diverse data set and many integration points that can fail, I'd say stabilize 3.0 on
what Storm we have in 2.2.7.

I side with Danilo here. We should probably minimize the diverge in Storm
between edge and lpnet since we aren't releasing for 2 months.

If that's the case, can we define what a 0.14.1 would be?

Gary