Re: Storm patches

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 15:12 -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> On August 5, 2009, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> > У уто, 04. 08 2009. у 13:15 -0700, Jamu Kakar пише:
> > >
> > > I'm in the process of preparing the 0.15 release.  It will be out by
> > > the end of the week.
> >
> > I'd still be against going with 0.15, and being conservative for 3.0.
> > We can go with 0.15 right after 3.0 is out.  By the time 3.0 gets out,
> > we'll have zero real production testing of 0.15 (we'll have lots of
> > staging testing, but that's sometimes just far enough from real
> > production testing), and it means 3.0 might have a lot of unneeded
> > little problems all around the place, damaging the image of
> > Launchpad.net when we are hoping for a big splash with 3.0 announcement.
> >
> > Storm is one of our core components, and with Launchpad's diverse data
> > set and many integration points that can fail, I'd say stabilize 3.0 on
> > what Storm we have in 2.2.7.
> >

> I side with Danilo here. We should probably minimize the diverge in Storm
> between edge and lpnet since we aren't releasing for 2 months.

Or maybe we could cherry pick a change to versions.cfg, so that we use
0.15 on production as well. It's been running on edge for a few days
already and nothing broke. If it breaks on production, though, we can
revert the cherry pick, at which point it'd be clear we should go with a
0.14.1 for the 3.0 release.

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>