Re: RFC: Launchpad team index page redesign

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 06:36:34PM -0500, Edwin Grubbs wrote:
> >    - The "Public Team".. button? looks strange. There's already
> >      precedent in the bugs page for displaying "This bug is public";
> >      why not use that? I also note that the private team display should
> >      probably be made consistent with the private bug indication. And I
> >      don't like the stripes horizontally, though vertically along the
> >      page I do.
>
> I was trying out something new, since I'm not a fan of turning fields
> into sentences, although I understand that something like "Visibility:
> Public" would be odd. I was originally trying to overlap the

What about using a panel to the right like bugs have?

> horizontal bar and the visibility status, since it is not at all
> obvious that the stripes mean it's private. Curtis says it should go
> in the sidebar's action menu, since it represents global state. There
> used to be a large padlock icon to indicate items were private that
> overlapped a large horizontal striped line. This was much clearer for
> anyone new to launchpad.

I agree with this last part.

> I definitely don't think the mailing list email address should show up
> twice, however, the team may have an email address that does not
> represent a mailing list, so I think it would be more consistent to
> always display the email address in the Details portlet instead of the
> Mailing List portlet.

You know, I don't think the mailing list use case is actually that
related to the email this team use case, which is why I am suggesting
keeping them separate. I think the user who emails a mailing list feels
like he is doing something different from emailing the team.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko