Re: [RFC] Build branch to archive

Sure, https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr-builddeb/+bug/411642

>> Also, how can we cope with the feature-set variation of bzr-builddeb
>> across the supported suites ? Should we:
>>
>> 1. Always build branches on the development chroot
>> 2. Use the chroot for the target suite + officially backported
> bzr-builddeb
>> 3. Use the chroot for the target suite + an PPA overlay with the
>> semi-official bzr-builddeb backports
>
> 4. Use a separate chunk of code that just takes the parts you need and
> want to support, rather than all the functionality.
>
> I was assuming you would work that way, but we can work on packages if
> that is what you would like.

Packages are much nicer, IMO. First because it's easier to install
'packages' in a chroot, second because having packages available will
help people to reproduce problems that we may find during this
journey.

We would go for a mix of 3 & 4 I think, hosting the minimal/supported
version of bzr-builddeb in a special PPA.

--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
IRC: cprov,  Jabber: cprov@xxxxxxxxxx, Skype: cprovidelo