Re: Comments on https://dev.launchpad.net/Trunk

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 05:30:55PM -0400, Karl Fogel wrote:
> Max Bowsher <maxb@xxxxxxx> writes:
> > Comments on https://dev.launchpad.net/Trunk
> >
> > First, there is/was (what seems to be) an error - the initial text
> > claims production deploys off stable, but all of the rest of the content
> > says that production deploys off db-stable. I've fixed the page to be
> > consistent, because whilst I don't actually _know_ how production
> > deploys are done, it's the only thing which makes sense - but since I
> > don't actually _know_ my edit is correct, I'm mentioning it here.
>
> Thank you, Max.
>
> Any experts here can say for sure?  (I don't know either.)

The word "production" is misleading there, and I think it should be
changed to explain the whole story, but:

    db-stable is deployed to launchpad.net on releases
    db-stable is deployed to staging.launchpad.net daily
    stable is deployed to edge.launchpad.net daily

db-stable is the post-test-run counterpart of db-devel. stable is the
post-test-run counterpart of devel. By post-test-run I mean that once
code hits *devel it is only cleared into *stable if the buildbot test
runner succeeds.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko