Re: Launchpad dev wiki conventions posted.

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 18:02 -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:53:15PM -0400, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> > I think this should be a rule for every page on the Web. I think we
> > should consider this this an essential element of every page we are
> > designing or updating on Launchpad.
> >
> > This issue has come up in several Launchpad UI reviews. and it is
> > problematic because there are some Launchpad objects like a
> > DistributionSourcePackage that has no natural narrative, well, none that
> > I can think of. In the case of the cd and archive mirrors, Brad and I
> > were able to come agree what the narrative needs to explain.
>
> I'm not sure what you're saying here -- do you feel that every page
> on LP should have narrative explaining what it represents?

Not necessarily. Sometimes what you can do with it so more important. If
we cannot explain why or what a page contains, I think we may need to
remove it. Consider the issue with release mirrors and archive mirrors.

        I want a CD, so we changed the title of release mirror to CD
        mirrors. The page listing those mirrors should state I can
        download an iso and burn a CD

        I want fast and close package source. We are want a sentence to
        state that mirrors listed can provide packages for your system
        and many can be be used as deb and deb source providers

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/