Re: Today's project page review

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 08:06:07AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> What I care about on this page depends on who I am, or maybe what hat
> I'm wearing.  I don't think the page is fatally flawed, but I do think
> it could benefit from hiding most of the information, with selective
> in-page reveals for the stuff I'm interested in.

Could be. We could just change the perspective based on who you are, or
we could have a separate page for the activity, or again, maybe the
timeline is the right solution to this. But to be honest..

> For example, right now I don't care about the Project information, or
> the Series and milestones, or frankly the Downloads, which takes up an
> entire screen's worth of vertical space on the right side.  I don't care
> about the FAQs or the Latest questions. What I care about right now are

..the first-time visitor, and the project owner, /will/ care about
contact information, FAQs, questions and releases.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko