Re: Today's project page review

2009/9/4 Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 01:59:36PM -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

>> > I think Martin's idea was to shorten any components of the title that
>> > were longer than 20 characters, not the overall title.
>> >

>> Still, why bother?
>
> Agreed: why does this benefit us?

Because of <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/419557> -
Google (and Launchpad site search) includes a fixed-length prefix of
the title in the search results, and some Launchpad product names are
so long that it makes the search results less useful.

Arguably either Google should do this truncation or the product should
change its name, but short of those things there is a benefit.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>