Re: RFC: Bug page 3.0 redesign

2009/9/10 Tom Berger <tom.berger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Merge proposals are definitely a better object to link to, if they exist.
>
> And if not? I think what we should do is display both. Link to the
> branch, and if it's proposed for merging show that and link to the
> merge proposal.

Yes, I think you need the branch and the merge proposal, and we also
really need to show the state of the merge proposal, because that
gives you a more precise view of what 'in progress' means.  This has
to mesh with what the code team will be changing there but if you
showed the overall state (approved, needs review, etc) and the list of
votes as in <https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+activereviews> you
couldn't go too far wrong.

On the other hand the overall branch state (as opposed to the mp
state) is generally boring and could probably be removed - but it may
be worth checking how many people use it to verify that.  I think the
code team plan to drop it entirely.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>