Re: Reverse breadcrumbs in page titles

У уто, 15. 09 2009. у 21:25 -0500, Deryck Hodge пише:
> Hi, all.
>
> Please see bug 429735[1] if you need the context that brings this
> question.  Am I reading the heading/title rules correctly on the
> wiki[2] that reverse bread crumbs are preferred in our page titles?
> This seems odd to me, if so.
>
> I realize it's trivial to override, so the question is more about our
> preference for the site.  Do we really want reverse breadcrumbs on
> almost every sub page?

I'd say we do, and in very rare cases it doesn't really work well (i.e.
when you are very deep in the hierarchy).

Still, I think it's an improvement over the inconsistency we had so far
(and we can improve it later on, but only in a single place).  Perhaps
we can think about skipping few of the breadcrumbs in the middle for
page title if there are simply too many?

Or, do you see a problem somewhere else as well?

The problem of "+filebug" appearing in links is a related one, but
worked on by Salgado, I believe.  You will be able to provide page_title
to override that bit of the breadcrumb and page title.

In general, I think another problem you have is that your bugs vhost
breadcrumb is too verbose. It should be just "Bugs" imho (i.e. we have
it as "Translations", see eg.
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+lang/sr).
Breadcrumbs are thus designed to always be used in a sequence, so you
need not repeat the BugTarget in the vhost breadcrumb.

Cheers,
Danilo