Re: Build From Branch, or BFB

James Westby wrote:
> Hi Muharem,
>
> Thanks for the information.

[..]

kiko and Julian addressed the other questions..

>> or for the uploader to be different from the person who signed the
>> package.
>
> I don't see that is different from what we can do now? I can already
> sign a .changes with someone else in "Changed-By" (sponsoring), and
> can even give them the .changes back to upload directly if I like.

Ah, interesting. I had not considered that. Introducing authenticated
uploads would give us the identity of the uploader in addition.

And that could be used for a more immediate and better directed error
reporting as kiko explained.

[..]

Best regards

--