Re: Build From Branch, or BFB

On Wed Oct 07 11:30:19 +0100 2009 Julian Edwards wrote:
> One of the reasons we do need to care for source uploads is that there's a
> whole pile of code out there that relies on knowing who uploaded the source,
> such as determining where to send emails, assigning karma, etc.

We could use "Changed-By" for this, being careful to override it carefully,
however, I would think that would interfere with the desired use. Basically
sponsorship wouldn't be possible with this method without stealing the credit.

Changed-By should probably come from the changelog as normal, with the
person that requested it becoming the equivalent of the signer. That
means we would need some out of band information, or a change to the
.changes file format.

Thanks,

James