Re: [RFC] Change to release management process

On Monday 12 October 2009 17:27:01 Jonathan Lange wrote:
> > Because importance can change based on context. So, the bug for, say,
> > adding certain configuration items to the production configs is High
> > during the cycle, but it becomes critical to land before release
> > otherwise the production appservers won't start up (or something
> > equally dramatic).
>
> So we could, in theory, upgrade the bug to Critical if that situation
>  arises?

I think we should make our intentions perfectly clear and mark a bug as
critical if it absolutely has to make the release, rather than moving other
bugs out of the milestone.

Moving bugs between milestones ad-hoc sends a bad message to the bug
subscribers, so it's a bad idea to have the RM move a bug off the milestone
early just because it won't make that release.  I personally prefer to review
exactly where to put these bugs at the start of week 4 and don't want to be
rushed into it at the end of week 3.

Cheers