Re: [RFC] Change to release management process

On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Julian Edwards wrote:

Moving bugs between milestones ad-hoc sends a bad message to the bug
subscribers, so it's a bad idea to have the RM move a bug off the milestone early just because it won't make that release. I personally prefer to review exactly where to put these bugs at the start of week 4 and don't want to be
rushed into it at the end of week 3.

I usually have a good sense as the cycle progresses, which bugs might still make it and which ones definitely won't. I think it's worthwhile to retarget bugs as soon as you know, rather than waiting until the end of the cycle, because stakeholders can push back when they see the notifications.

-Barry