Re: [RFC] The right combination of breadcrumb and heading

On Oct 15, 2009, at 5:48 AM, Julian Edwards wrote:

On Wednesday 14 October 2009 19:42:33 Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
I was being slightly unfair -- I think people would ignore the
breadcrumbs almost regardless of their style and placement. More

I personally find them great on sites that have them, if you're in something that has a hierarchical navigation. It's usually a lot quicker to click on a breadcrumb than find a menu and work out where you need to go from there.

+1.  I already love our breadcrumbs.

The one place where they don't work so well is when there's more than one path from the root to where you are. A good example are branches. Should the breadcrumb lead through the project or through the user? Yes and no <wink> depending on context that Launchpad can't know anything about. I'd love to have a ui solution for that.

-Barry