Re: Dogfooding Launchpad for real (or, new tag: "lp-dogfood")

Jonathan Lange wrote:

> I personally strongly dislike having projects that aren't linked to
> code (or docs or some sort of shared artifact), and very much like the
> idea of "one codebase corresponds to one project". This is an
> instinctive aesthetic response that I can't back up right now,

Your instinct is correct. Robert C Martin put together a set of landmark
principles wrt OO design back in the mid 90s and this is one of them.
It's called the Reuse/Release Equivalence Principle. See
http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/granularity.pdf.

My personal opinion is that Launchpad the product is a project, not a
project group. For large projects, we need a level of granularity below
the 'project' called 'components' say (ala JIRA). Tags are the closest
thing we have right now and, while useful, they're not as helpful w.r.t.
partitioning.

Ian C.