Re: Dogfooding Launchpad for real (or, new tag: "lp-dogfood")

On Nov 2, 2009, at 8:15 PM, Ian Clatworthy wrote:

My personal opinion is that Launchpad the product is a project, not a
project group. For large projects, we need a level of granularity below
the 'project' called 'components' say (ala JIRA). Tags are the closest
thing we have right now and, while useful, they're not as helpful w.r.t.
partitioning.

This feels more right than anything I've heard so far, and it would also be more scalable in the sense that projects of many different sizes (not just "large") would be able to utilize such components. It's a fairly common organizational tool in many bug trackers.

-Barry