bugtasks, context

So, bugtasks.

I'd like to bring forward a problem that seems to be popping up more and more as we focus on breaching the gap: bugtasks and context.

As it stands today, if you're looking at an upstream bug that also has a bugtask for a package in Ubuntu, and you want to nominate that bug, you can't. You need to start hacking around to get to the bug from the package context (if you manage to figure out that's what you need to do). A quick hack^fix would be to let people click on bugtasks and the context gets automagically changed.

A profound fix could be to collapse targeting to milestones and series into one column/widget, and offering nomination for those who are permission-less, and optionally for those permission-ful(?). The "target" is the only bit that is context-specific outside of the bugtask row (creating this problem). Collapsing these two ties into an additional change that slipped 3.0, which was to *not* automatically create a new bugtask when targeting a series, as the only case that seems to make sense is backports. I'd be happy to hash out the UI, I've had a gazillion discussions already around this, and have a pretty clear idea of what it could look like

I'd love to argue that collapsing the two "Also affects" into one is part of this, but it probably isn't (but please do).

cheers,

--
Martin

Follow ups