Re: bugtasks, context

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 06:34:15PM -0300, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> So, bugtasks.
>
> I'd like to bring forward a problem that seems to be popping up more
> and more as we focus on breaching the gap: bugtasks and context.
>
> As it stands today, if you're looking at an upstream bug that also
> has a bugtask for a package in Ubuntu, and you want to nominate that
> bug, you can't. You need to start hacking around to get to the bug
> from the package context (if you manage to figure out that's what
> you need to do).
> A quick hack^fix would be to let people click on bugtasks and the
> context gets automagically changed.

I wouldn't call this a quick hack, since it will require UI changes, and
it will probably confuse users.

My quick hack would be to display all the bugtasks' series when
nominating a bug. That's a really simple hack, and should be quick. No
UI changes are needed, it's only some Python code to maybe create a new
vocabulary and make use of it.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt