Re: Status of "+patches" view (story-patch-report)

Latest progress on this feature:

All code is done *except* for UI change to offer the newly-available
sorting by patch age.

However, we still need some reviews to land this stuff (including DB
changes) so it's visible on staging.  My understanding is that we just
land the devel branches on devel, and the db-devel branches on db-devel,
and then "magic happens" and it all gets tied together on staging.  If
someone here knows more about "magic", please use that knowledge!

Jorge, I think we'll get this on staging in time, but if not, I have
enough to make you screenshots now at least.  Obviously, staging would
be better.

Details:

There are five branches.  Here are their statuses:

 * lp:~kfogel/launchpad/506018-patch-report
   STATUS:
     Code is approved.
     UI needs re-review (though all concerns should now be addressed).

 * lp:~intellectronica/launchpad/no-patches-message
   STATUS:
     Code is approved.
     UI needs review.

 * lp:~allenap/launchpad/patch-report-for-people-and-teams-bug-506018
   STATUS:
     Code is approved.
     (Not sure if UI review needed, as UI is same as for first branch.)

 * lp:~adeuring/launchpad/bug-512500-searchtasks-patch-age-sort
   STATUS:
     Submitted to PQM, possibly landed in db-devel by the time you read this.
     (DB changes approved by stub, jml.)

 * lp:~adeuring/launchpad/bug-512500-model-change
   STATUS:
     Needs merge proposal, and some easy conflict resolution.
     [See "Note to Abel:" below.]

Anyway, I created a mega-integration branch containing all the above:

https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~kfogel/launchpad/patches-view-mega-integration

(Some trivial conflict resolution was necessary, due to variable name
changes.  See the commits on the integration branch for what I did.)

Next I ran EC2 tests on the integration branch, and they passed.  Yay.
Well, actually as you can see from rev 8958 on the integration branch,
there was one test failure due to a trivial conflict mis-resolution in
the test code itself -- when I fixed that, that test passed, so the
branch passes.

Note to Abel:

I included lp:~adeuring/launchpad/bug-512500-model-change in my
mega-integration branch, and it passed, so everything's looking good.
Note I had to resolve some conflicts in obvious ways; the integration
branch's commits show how.

The only thing remaining is to make this functionality available via the
UI.  I will do that first thing in the morning (unfortunately I had an
appointment tonight), but if you want to beat me to it, go for it!
You've got that nice 5 hour lead time :-).

For various reasons, I already wrote the merge proposal cover letter for
that hypothetical branch, so here is that text, to save one of us time
later:

Enable the "+patches" view on persons and teams.

(Putting "lp:~adeuring/launchpad/bug-512500-searchtasks-patch-age-sort"
as the prerequisite branch, but if reviewing for UI, I suggest using
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~kfogel/launchpad/patches-view-mega-integration,
which contains all the prerequisites as well as this branch.  That
'patches-view-mega-integration' branch has passed EC2.  -kfogel)

For UI testing, you can apply dev sampledata from here:

  people.canonical.com/~kfogel/patches-view/512500-current-dev-sql.diff

and try URLs like this:

  https://bugs.launchpad.dev/~name12/+patches
  https://bugs.launchpad.dev/~name16/+patches

I don't think the test data does anything with teams, so you'll have to
do that manually, but at least you get all the bugs with patch
attachments for free.

Some non-person / non-team URLs are:

  https://bugs.launchpad.dev/patches-view-test/+patches
  https://bugs.launchpad.dev/gnome/+patches
  https://bugs.launchpad.dev/evolution/+patches
  https://bugs.launchpad.dev/ubuntu/hoary/+patches
  https://bugs.launchpad.dev/ubuntu/warty/+source/evolution/+patches

...though they've already been tested in other branches, e.g.,
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~kfogel/launchpad/506018-patch-report,
so it's up to you whether to re-examine them.

Zzzzz,
-Karl