Re: New lp-land command in bzr-pqm

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>> Since we are getting into the subject, I would like to work find a
>> better home for lp-project-specific plugins. For example, I would like
>> to create a few helper commands like:
>>
>> bzr link-to-bug 321654 will link the current branch to the specified bug.
>
> I think that should go in bzr core.

Me too.

Note also that the 'launchpad' plugin in Bazaar now uses launchpadlib
for at least one command, and is starting to grow some good APIs for
doing stuff with launchpadlib.

>> We also have some existing ones that could be interesting to other
>> people and were heavily borrowed from lp-submit, like 'bzr ls-pep8',
>> which finds the files that have been changed from the submit branch
>> (if not in a pipeline) or from the previous pipe (if in a pipeline)
>> and runs pep8.py on them.
>
> So to me, it sounds like we want to have
> 1. a landscape plugin that provides landscape policy
> 2. lp-link-bug in core, lp-submit in core, with good hooks
>
> Launchpad doesn't currently use pep8, so ls-pep8 could just be part of
> the landscape plugin, or maybe part of a general bzr-python plugin that
> would be tools for python programmers.  It could also go in bzrtools.

Actually, we do, just mostly not for naming:
https://dev.launchpad.net/PythonStyleGuide#Existing Conventions

pep8.py doesn't check naming, so it's output is almost always useful
for Launchpad.

jml