Making the Product to Project change complete (was: Re: Clarifying our terminology)

Am 16.02.2010 16:01, Jonathan Lange schrieb:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Feb 15, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>
>>> What's next? What do you think are the terms we need to start thinking about?
>> No thinking necessary.  We've long talked about, and I think there's general agreement for, changing "project" to "project group" and "product" to "project".
>>

> I heartily support that, and will thank the person who makes the change.

This is such a long standing issue that we have to keep explaining to
new developers. I believe it has just not been tackled because of the
vastness of the task. Breaking it down into smaller chunks is the
obvious solution to get things going in this matter.

As a logical consequence I just filed 14 new bugs for all the necessary
steps and collected them here:
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+spec/project-groups

I propose that we tackle this one bug at a time and everybody should see
if they cannot afford some time to do one of them, thus sharing the
load. No Curtis, not all yours to do... ;-) I filed them under
launchpad-registry because that's where I found the original blueprint.

The bugs are in a logical sequence and it might cause least conflicts if
we do them in that order.

Henning