Re: Making the Product to Project change complete (was: Re: Clarifying our terminology)

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Henning Eggers
<henning.eggers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 16.02.2010 16:01, Jonathan Lange schrieb:

>>> No thinking necessary.  We've long talked about, and I think there's general agreement for, changing "project" to "project group" and "product" to "project".
>>>

>> I heartily support that, and will thank the person who makes the change.
>
> This is such a long standing issue that we have to keep explaining to
> new developers. I believe it has just not been tackled because of the
> vastness of the task. Breaking it down into smaller chunks is the
> obvious solution to get things going in this matter.
>
> As a logical consequence I just filed 14 new bugs for all the necessary
> steps and collected them here:
> https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+spec/project-groups

Thanks! It's been exciting watching these commits come through over
the last few days -- we are strong enough to liberate ourselves from
the shackles of our technical debt.

jml