Re: [RFC-UI] indicate which Launchpad services are not linked to upstream projects

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 18:27 +0000, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Edwin Grubbs
> <edwin.grubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>>> >>

> >> Thanks for this Edwin. Sorry I've taken so long to get to replying.
> >>
> >> A couple of quick thoughts:
> >>  * we should just drop "Register a blueprint" from the "Get involved" box
> >>  * what would clicking on the "Bugs" tab show for a project that has
> >> "Report a bug" crossed out on the "Get involved" box? similarly for
> >> Translations etc.
> >

> > Why would we remove the "Register a blueprint" link from the "Get
> > involved" portlet?
>
> It's orthogonal to this discussion, but...
>   - hardly anyone uses blueprints (see
> https://lpstats.canonical.com/graphs/KarmaBreakdownGlobalWeek/20070601/20100312/)
>   - I want to see if anyone complains if we remove the link
>   - Why do we want to have it there?

Blueprints is only shown in the Involvement portlet if the project owner
enabled it. I think removing it from the portlet does not help the
project owner. The owners complain that users are visiting the
blueprints and answer tabs even though the owner decided not to use
them. The root pages answers and blueprints are always active. We could
change them to behave as the bug root now does.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/