Re: RFC: naming of new bug status OPINION

On 30 March 2010 20:49, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The LEP did say this in its way, but I've updated it to be extra explicit.

Thanks, it looks very clear now.

>>  istm you would like it to normally appear in user-oriented
>> searches (filebug dupes) but not in developer-oriented lists.
>>

> I think this is a helpful distinction. I wonder if we even have a
> structure for this in the tracker.

I'm not sure this needs to block implementation but it probably does
need to be thought about.  If the bug is totally hidden then people
may keep filing new dupes.  I don't know what fraction of the
developer pain typically comes from dupes vs ongoing discussion.

otoh the +filebug dupefinder seems to be pretty much mandatory these
days and it does match closed bugs, so perhaps nothing more is needed.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>